Mar 31, 2014

Beckham Matthew.


Beckham Matthew Weese
5 pounds 3 ounces, 19 inches
March 20, 2014, 1:03 am

On March 19th I had a doctor's appointment that morning, the week before was the first time he did a pelvic exam on me and afterwards I did not feel good and started having Braxton Hicks. So after this doctor's appointment/pelvic exam I didn't think anything of it when I started feeling sick again and having small cramps in my back. I went about my day working, going for a walk, running errands... and my back was super tight the whole time but nothing I was worried about. Once Matt got off work I was in pain but it was all in my back so I still didn't even think anything of it. We went and looked at apartments and then came home and i massaged my back a bit and then went to Zupas. The pain was bad but it was all over the place so I still thought Braxton Hicks.... until my water broke. I went to go to the bathroom and as soon as I moved I was drenched. I sat there for a sec not saying anything trying to figure out if that really just happened, he wasn't suppose to come for another month... so I told Matt and we hurried and got up to leave aaand my water just kept, flowing, soo embarrassing! 
So we ran home to pack some bags, luckily I made a list the day before of what to pack. I was timing my contractions and they still seemed far apart but getting painful. As soon as we got in the car they started getting closer and real real bad. I didn't have a single contraction in my front, all in my back which was miserable! We got to the hospital around nine and got all situated. I was still in shock he was actually coming so early! They checked me and I was already dilated to a 6. Finally when I was dilated to an 8 they gave me an epideral. By now my parents were there, my sister jessica and kara. 
Once the epideral kicked in it wasn't bad at all and we just got to sit and wait till I was fully dilated. By midnight I was at a 10 and ready to push... this is about the time I started freaking out! I had no idea what to expect and the fact my contractions were so bad I was expecting the worst. I pushed for about an hour aaaand it was not the funnest. We had just eaten so I felt like I was going to throw up the whole time and then something was going on with my left hip, I could feel everything and it was not pleasant. I could tell when a contraction was coming before they could even see it on the screen. However, the actual pushing him out part wasn't as bad as I thought at all. If it wasn't for me feeling sick and my hip it would've felt like a piece of cake to what I was picturing. I really am so lucky he came so fast. Four hours felt like nothing when I was expecting over 10 hours. As soon as he was here they put him on me and that was the most crazy, amazing thing. It just seemed so surreal and it was just so amazing to see the whole process to get a baby here. When they weighed him I started getting a little nervous. I was worried about having a 6 pound baby let alone a 5 pounder. As soon as I held him all of that went away and I really wasn't nervous at all. The next couple days were a blur. It was so fun to have him here finally and to see all his facial expressions and just see how cute CUTE he was. We went home Friday night and the next couple days were an experience. Let me just say now how much I HATED breastfeeding at first. It was the most frustrating thing. Especially considering he's so small and had barely any energy. But we have it down now and he is the best baby! I have nothing to compare him to but he sleeps, eats and poops really well and hardly ever cries so I look at that as a good baby. He is still tiny, about 4 pounds 15 ounces but hopefully he's back to his birth weight at his two week appointment. We love him so much! It's amazing how you can love someone so much with just meeting him. He is the cutest, funnest thing and makes the lack of sleep and personal hygiene worth it! I can't wait till I can actually take him out on the town with me!
And now for a lot of pictures...

Before his arrival.


He's arrived! 



















Beck's first sponge bath.







Two days old.















Three days old.



Getting ready to go home!










Beckham is 11 days old today and seriously has the cutest personality!
He loves his binky and when he gets hungry and has nothing to suck on he makes the cutest grunts and tries to eat his blanket, shirt, hand... basically anything. 
He is so small that nothing fits him which is frustrating but his lil body is so cute I can't handle it.
He has the biggest eyes and loves to scowl at people when they are open.
It's pretty funny cause I've mentioned how he loved music and always had hiccups in the womb... well he still loves music and gets the hiccups about 20 times a day! We have these "hip" lullabies that we listen to and he can just sit in silence forever listening to them. 
He's been such a good baby and is growing up way too fast already! 





















4 months to 1 week.

We love him so much!
Even tho I really REALLY want him to stay this age forever we are excited to watch him keep growing and showing off more of his personality that I already love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment