Sep 12, 2011

Pie

Believe it or not I looove to bake! I decided that once I got married and was done with school... and had more time on my hands... I would try out new recipes and expand my baking skills considering all they've consisted of was chocolate chip cookies and the occasional funfetti cake. So my first attempt to a new recipe is this wonderful apricot pie I found.

The Recipe: Apricot Pie
Chilled pie dough in a 9 or 10" pie plate
2 lbs fresh apricots
1/4 cup flour

Topping:
1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg


Preheat oven to 400ºF with rack in lower third.
Pull apricots (with skins) apart into halves, throw away pits. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, then stir in sugar, flour, salt, and nutmeg, and remove from heat. Cool mixture until firm enough to crumble, 10 minutes. Toss the apricots with 1/4 c of flour, just to coat them, discard the extra flour. Put apricots in pie shell (I like to stand them up on their ends, overlapping them slightly,) crumble butter mixture on top.

Bake the pie 10 minutes.

Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF and continue to bake until top is golden, 50 minutes to 60 minutes.
Cool pie to warm or room temperature on a rack, serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment