May 21, 2012

Cheers to 1 YEAR!

One year ago Matthew and I got married in the Salt Lake Temple, had our luncheon and reception at La Caille (had an open house in Logan a couple days before) and went on a week long honeymoon to Cancun! It was the best day and I will never forget how much love I felt for my friends, family and Matt. I wish I was better at this whole blog thing because we have had the best year full of so many different events! I think I might try to whip up a slideshow of just pictures from our first year... It's been so much fun living with my best friend and being able to get to know each other better and better everyday. 
It was Matt's year to plan our anniversary and he so nicely planned a short weekend getaway to Saint George. We headed down Friday morning and came home Sunday evening.
Friday we checked into our hotel and made our way to the pool for an hour, we got ready and went to, my fave, the Pizza Factory! After dinner we went to the place where all your most wildest dreams come true... Fiesta Fun! After a couple hours of miniature golf and the batting cages we went for a nice drive around town.











Saturday we went for a little run in the morning, went to one of my other favorite restaurants in St. George, the Egg and I, for Lunch and then went to the pool for the next few hours. After we got ready and hit up some of the outlet stores and local shops. We ate some wonderful Hibachi Grill food at Samurai 21 for dinner... our chef was the funniest/cutest thing ever! We then drove around to some cool places and went for a nice little stroll. We ended the night with the wonderful Nielsen's Frozen Custard and a movie!










Sunday was our actual anniversary so we slept in, opened up some nice little cards and gifts from each other and went to breakfast! We took our time packing and laying by the pool. We stopped off at SmashBurger (which I loove) for an early dinner and made the trek back up to Logan! On our way we got to watch the Solar Eclipse take place... my eyes will never be the same..


Literally freshly squeezed orange juice!






 Thank you Matt for our fun, relaxing anniversary getaway! Love you too much. 

4 comments:

  1. You literally just posted so I feel so creepy commenting but Happy Anniversary!! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, we did the same thing!! we ate at pizza factory too, and almost ate at the egg & i for lunch on saturday!! crazy!!! It was such a nice weekend down there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! You two are sch a cute couple and I am so happy for you!! :) I miss seeing your pretty face at Nordies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just saw your comment on my blog...I didn't know you had a blog either. As always, way cute pics! We should journey down to st George together sometime!

    ReplyDelete